I don’t know about the rest of y’all but 2015 was quite the year. It was definitely a year of adulting. I graduated from college, acquired a nice job, experienced my grandpa passing away, and celebrated my second year of marriage with Cameron. In a way, by the end of the year I felt like I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk, stumbled awkwardly for a few feet with my arms flailing, and somehow managed to stand upright just before I faceplanted. Achievement unlocked?
Anyway, most of the stuff that happened in 2015 was a good thing, except for my grandpa passing. It just happened a couple of weeks ago, so it still feels…. weird? That’s the word I keep using to describe it. My heart breaks for my Grandma, Dad, and aunt. Even though you think you’re ready for death… it still sucks. If you are passionate about bass fishing – you should google “Dub LaShot”. He was pretty awesome.
Now, this is supposed to be a New Years Resolution post, so let’s get to it. I know a lot of people think New Years Resolutions are stupid, but I like them. In general, setting goals for yourself is a good thing to do!
So here are last years resolutions:
- Continue being a good wife
- Done! I’d like to do this one again of course. 🙂
- Become proficient in backwards rollerblading
- I did not achieve this one. Unfortunately, in July of this year, I managed to get some sort of hip injury. I’ve had different diagnoses by different people as to what it is, but it severely impacted skating/working out for me. All of 2014 we went skating at least once a week, but we were only able to do that for the first half of 2015. I’ve been trying to be gentle on my hip and hope to get back to skating soon. I miss it so much!
- Do a multi-day hike
- Done! Cameron and I had a blast on our hike through the Waldo Lake Wilderness.
- Become fit enough that I can do a 5k on a regular basis if I choose to do so, with the option of running a 10k as something that I could reasonably do.
- Sort of done. Back in June, I had managed to get up to running a 5k once or twice a week. It was pretty exciting. Soon after that though, I managed to get injured, so I had to completely stop running. I want to try to do this one again.
- Do a real push-up, progress toward chin-up
- DONE! Technically I was one day late, but on January 1, this lady did two full pushups! I hope to keep improving, and need to push harder for chin ups.
- Hit my “ultimate goal weight” and create habits to maintain it
- Ehh… not done. I did lose a tiny amount this year, and I’ve developed some good habits, but I’m still working on this one!
- Graduate from college
- Done! 🙂
- Post more stuff on my blog!
- Done, although I could do better haha!
- Spend less time on Reddit
- ummm… Do I need to answer this one? *hides*
- Work more on Incandescence Press
- Done, but room for improvement! Cameron and I went to a book festival and to Eugene Comic Con to sell his books this year, so that was awesome. Coming up for 2016 though, we have two book releases planned and I hope to do even more networking and marketing work for us.
So what about this year?
Here are my New Years Resolutions for 2016:
- Continue to be a good wife
- Work hard on our YouTube channels and other creative projects
- Finish writing my role playing game
- Take Incandescence Press to the next level by releasing books and expanding our network
- Consume higher quality media, such as books, rather than internet clickbait.
- Hit goal weight
- Run a 10K
- Rollerblade backwards
- Do 10-15 full pushups regularly
- Complete the Kayla Itsines BBG
- Do another multi-day hike
That’s it! Good luck to anyone who makes resolutions, and LET’S DO THIS YO!